The Lyone Foundation has been established to create a legacy that will empower Australians to build a safe and positive future.
Created in 2013, the Lyone Foundation is the legacy of the Lyone family, who first migrated to Australia from Egypt to Australia in 1967. The ultimate goal of the Lyone Foundation is to contribute $1 million to Australian charities each year.
With a focus on human welfare, our area of impact is small to medium sized registered charities that support disadvantaged, vulnerable and marginalised people across Australia. Below are examples of the assistance our donations have provided in recent years:
- Feel the Magic – Our donation will enable 19 children to attend “Camp Magic”, Australia’s leading grief and education support program for bereaved children
- The Gold Foundation – Funds will facilitate bi-annual social skills programs for young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families
- Soldier On – Enabling veterans and their families to attend weekend healing and well-being workshops empowering them with strategies to successfully adjust, at no cost to their family
- The Australian Literacy and Numeracy Foundation – Assisting six carers obtain their certificate to support children with learning difficulties
- Cottage by the Sea – Funding a camp for children from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Association of Australia – Purchasing three Cough Assist machines to prolong the lives of sufferers
- Dress for Success – Our donation was directed toward employing a new staff member, for this charity that improves the employability of women in need